Winter is the perfect season for active leisure, sports and fun. All you need is to go out to fully appreciate the possibilities the city has to offer. And the pleasure winter activities can give you is unmatched by anything.
Here are only a few things you should absolutely go for when spending winter in Kyiv:
– Snowboarding and skiing. Obviously, Kyiv is far from the Carpathians. But the idea that you need to go far to have fun on descends is also essentially wrong. In the capital and nearby there is more than one center and a complex for your entertainment. To name a few ― the Protasiv Yar, Ski resort Goloseevo and VyshHora, a ski resort only a few kilometers from the city.
– Skating rinks. With the first frosts, several open rinks welcome skaters in Kyiv. One of the biggest is at VDNH, on the main square of the exhibition center. It is decorated with bright lights, you can bring your own skates or rent a pair on location. There are budget indoor ice rinks open in any weather. The skating rink at the Dream Town Shopping and Entertainment Mall is a popular one. It’s large and well-equipped. Modern technologies ensure stable, even coverage. To help immerse in the atmosphere there are snowflakes whirling, lights are lit to create an impression of a walk in a snow-covered forest. You can also find a rink in shopping and entertainment centers Kosmopolit, Karavan, Arena City, Darynok and the Ice Stadium, and many others.
– Snow tubing. It’s an exciting and unusual activity that has become popular in recent years. Both children and adults love riding on large inflatable “cushions”. Perfect conditions for it are in the Protasiv Yar. And don’t forget about ordinary sleds! There are suitable slides for descents in VDNH, Hydropark, Solomyansky and Goloseyevsky Park, the Park of Glory and on the Obolonska Embankment.
– Snowkiting. It’s perfect for those who are in for something new. In Ukraine, this kind of sport began to develop not so long ago, combining the possibilities of snowboarding and traditional kiting. Also, you can rent a snowmobile or organize a full-on bicycle ride. If you take care in advance about warm comfortable clothes and thermal underwear, cycling through snow parks is just as pleasurable as in summer.
– By the way, don’t forget snowballs, snowball battles, modeling snowmen and sculptures and hockey at a playground nearby. Afterwards, you can warm up in a sauna or a bathhouse. There are quite a lot of them in Kyiv. Some of them are situated by the water, so those who love extreme sensations can also dive into a lake. Such a procedure invigorates, tones, strengthens the whole body and lightens up the mood.
– Of course, there are always excursions and master classes. Quest rooms are open all year round. Cafes and restaurants serve joy offering special seasonal menus. And picturesque snowy landscapes are just as if they are created for photoshoots.
And for you to fully enjoy your plans, without having to adjust to transport, wasting time on the road or working out complex routes, the Ukr-Prokat company offers cars for rent in Kyiv. Different brands and models are available, varying in dimensions and capacity: from compact cars for comfy trips around the city to large, spacious cars for trips to the countryside with family or a company of friends.