Most road accidents can be prevented, despite their frequency and really disappointing statistics. In most cases, to avoid an accident, no super skills are required. It is just enough to follow the road rules and simple recommendations:
- Before the trip, check that all vehicle systems are operational: turn signals, stop lights, side lights. Remember to monitor the condition of the rubber on the wheels and undergo regular routine technical checks.
- Don’t get distracted by phone conversations, movies, and other external factors. Do not drive if you feel sleepy or tired. Do not eat or drink when you are behind the wheel. Always fasten the seat belt and do not sit behind the wheel for too long without a break. Such simple little things can save lives.
- Carefully change the lanes and make sure the adjacent lane is clear. Be aware of blind areas that are not visible in the rear view mirror or side mirrors. For the same reason, do not overlook other cars nearby. Also keep an eye on the situation in the parking lot, because there is always a chance that a pedestrian can get out of the nearby car and may appear in your blind zone.
- Do not forget about the turn signals when you plan to change the lane. First turn on the signal , then wait for a few seconds and then start moving. Study non-verbal signals on the road in advance with headlights and beeps – this will greatly simplify your driving.
- Keep a close eye on the road, even if you have an extensive driving experience, because it often gives the illusion of protection from all troubles. By the way, the car drivers with many years of experience are as frequent participants of car accident as the newcomers.
- When crossing the intersection, pay attention not only to the traffic lights. Be sure to look on the sides, even if you do not break anything. One inconsiderate driver is enough for a collision.
- Always keep the distance, because even when the brakes are pressed, the system operates only in a few seconds. Everything matters, so if the distance between you and the other car is too small – in an emergency there is a high possibility of the collision.
- Do not provoke other motorists with too aggressive behavior. Do not abuse the beeps unnecessarily. Observe the overall flow velocity during live traffic. Avoid “nervous” cars. It is better to skip over-speeding drivers when they are overtaking, as you can always vouch for your behavior on the road
- Do not provoke other motorists with too aggressive behavior. Do not abuse the beeps unnecessarily. Observe the overall flow velocity during live traffic. Avoid “nervous” cars. It is better to skip over-speeding drivers when they are overtaking, as you can only be sure in your own behavior on the road.
- Be especially careful if there is a special car on the road – a fire truck or a police car, an ambulance. Besides the fact that you may need to quickly and carefully let it go forward, such a situation can throw off the balance of novice motorists. So be prepared that another car may pop up on your way.
If you have been a confident and experienced driver for a long time, and for you to become completely happy is just necessary to have the car of your dreams- contact us! Ukr-Prokat offers to rent a car in Kharkiv for every taste, budget and for any task.